A BIT ABOUT US
We left the big agency scene to create an agency with a conscience that tells the world what brands stand for. We focus on brand strategy, storytelling, design, and consumer engagement experiences. We’re a nationally award-winning agency with offices in Portland, OR and Milwaukee, WI. And yes, we do all the things that other creative agencies do - drink out of mason jars, adorn our walls with faux stag heads, and occasionally communicate via typewriters and sketchbooks just to spice things up.
All in all, we’re a young, scrappy, fun-loving team of crafters and creators who are ethos-led and focused on delivering work that inspires and disrupts. But enough about us – here’s what we’re looking for in our team member.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
Manifesto is seeking a driven, passionate self-starter who thrives on understanding and building client relationships that help drive the growth of accounts. The candidate will be a natural problem solver and will have excellent written and verbal presentation/communication skills.
The Account Manager will oversee multiple existing client accounts and is responsible for the growth, project management and support of the day-to-day relationship with the client. They will be responsible for managing budgets, deliverables and strategic planning for each assigned account.
The Account Manager will be tasked with delivering successful account growth responsible for work that meets and exceeds client expectations and delivers profitable margins for the Agency. They will focus on existing clients including Intel, Starbucks, and others.
- Passionate - a leader who is focused on delivering outstanding work and staying ahead of cultural and social trends that could impact the business or grow opportunities
Resourceful - Actively manage the work across multiple agency teams, geos and offices - a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever it takes
Positive - motivates and excites team around new opportunities and growth of accounts
Strategic - Excellent presentation skills; capable of distilling complex challenges into actionable information
Focused - Displays brevity and ensures that the team stays on-point and focused during meetings
Entrepreneurial - skates to the puck and sees opportunity where others do not; constantly looking for opportunities to grow account and maximize team utilization
Proactive - needs to see around the corner; constantly seeking new opportunities and bringing ideas and insights to the team that will help spur agency and client growth
- Manages day to day client communication, project timelines and deliverables, feedback, and budget
- Project Management including assisting production team with estimating, developing and writing scopes of work, and writing agency proposals
- Proactively works to develop strategic recommendations to propel the growth of the agency and the management of the client opportunity
- Keeps agency leadership and Account Director informed on key account growth, challenges, roadblocks, etc. - including plans for increasing client scope of work
- Manages critical dates and gates and client communication with projects
- Actively works with Creative, Strategy, and Production to develop work that meets client objectives, achieves intended results, and meets agency’s standards of creative excellence
- Effectively balances client and agency demands to deliver on time and on budget projects
- Develops organic but intentional relationships proactively within target accounts
Research & Planning
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the client’s products, competitors, and industry –applying this knowledge to counseling clients and strategic/creative planning
- Provides leadership in the strategic development of communication and marketing plans to grow the client’s business and generate an incremental scope of work, billings, and income.
- Drives development of agency’s recommendations for strategies and creative to be recommended and implemented (processes, tools, etc.)
- Responsible for supporting RFP responses for select accounts along with agency management and Account Director.
- Ability to write effective new business or new opportunity briefs and distill core business challenges, objectives, and/or insights that may assist the strategy and creative services team
- Responsible for supporting budget and work plan development for RFP responses
- Leads development of SOWs, project schedules, and proposals for existing accounts
- Works closely with the strategy and creative teams to manage budgets to ensure team utilization and profitability on each project
- Manages weekly/monthly billing reconciliation
- Weekly reporting and management of time tracking
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Deep understanding of emerging trends and technologies
Ability to adapt quickly and integrate tool usage across platforms
Keen understanding of integrated marketing including digital, experiential, campaigns, branded content, and employee engagement
- 2-5+ years of account management with national or regional accounts focused on campaigns, experiential, digital, employee engagement or similar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or similar field
- Proven track record of successful account growth and leadership
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
401K with company match, health care, paid time off, ½ day Summer Fridays.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send resume and 3 years of salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Account Manager, MKE”