Here, a good story is everything. We are seeking a spirited copywriter/conceptualist who can generate concepts and narrative across a wide range of mediums. Rooted in great storytelling, a dapper design aesthetic and multi-channel thinking, this position calls for an idea maven to take hold of it and shape their own destiny.
Get ready to roll up your sleeves and get dirty. As a work to hire conceptualist, you’ll collaborate with our creative team to concept big ideas and develop them into powerful narratives, considering not just how the story is told through words, but images and rich design language.
- Support creative team with inspiring ideas, creative direction and compelling copy
- Generate concepts and copy for a wide range of disciplines from experiential to branding, narrative writing, ad copy, content and beyond
- Crack the code on complicated business challenges through strategic thinking and articulation of 360º degree campaigns
- Presenting to clients and managing creative deliverables for specific accounts
- Articulation of concepts in Google docs/Google slides
- Concepting branded content video pieces, writing treatments, working with shooting and editing teams to bring it to life
- Fulfilling creative and business writing requests across a wide range of channels: brand narratives, presentations, ads, social media plans & creative — you name it
The most important thing: show us how you THINK. Here's what we're looking for in a conceptualist/copywriter:
- Great copywriting and concepting ability
- Ability to concept across traditional and non-traditional channels (print, radio and TV are the last things we’re asked to think of; try experiential, content, digital and social
- Incredible aesthetic (you don’t have to design, but you have to recognize it, and know how to source imagery that inspires beautiful design
- Stunning portfolio that shows how you get from concept to reality and can articulate it on paper
- Mad Presentation Skills | we’ll want to bring you to meetings to wow clients and inspire our team
- Hunger for what’s next and new; not just in culture, but new mediums, channels, campaigns
- Ability to get it done. As a nimble team, we’re all doers. We work on short deadlines and limited information
- Resourcefulness | The mark of a great conceptualist: someone who does their own research and surfaces their own insights
- Self Starter | You manage yourself, your workload and don’t need to be told what to do next; always seeking the next thing
- Ability to write strategy (articulate ideas) as well as the creative copy that surrounds them
- Demonstration of agile, nimble work style—whether the ability to multi-track on a variety of directions simultaneously, whiteboard, sketch and/or concept
Competencies and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Business, Advertising, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Word Suite and Google Docs/PowerPoint
- Agency Experience as a copywriter/conceptualist
- Working knowledge of design programs (InDesign/Photoshop) and ability to make tweaks in a pinch
Compensation & Benefits
Commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, attach an online portfolio, resumé and 3 years of salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Conceptualist/Copywriter MKE".