A BIT ABOUT US
We left the big agency scene to create an agency with a conscience that tells the world what brands stand for. We focus on brand strategy, storytelling, design, and consumer engagement experiences. We’re a nationally award winning agency with offices in Portland, OR and Milwaukee, WI. And yes, we do all the things that other creative agencies do - drink out of mason jars, adorn our walls with faux stag heads, and occasionally communicate via typewriters and sketch books just to spice things up.
All in all, we’re a young, scrappy, fun-loving team of crafters and creators who are ethos-led and focused on delivering work that inspires and disrupts. But enough about us – here’s what we’re looking for in our team member.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
We’re seeking an ambitious and courageous Agency Development Manager to join our growing team.
Based out of our Portland, Oregon office, you’ll be responsible for driving consistent revenue and growth of new business for the agency. In this position, you’ll be focused on cultivating client relationships and seeking ways to grow the breadth and depth of work that we do with our clients.
You’ll be responsible for lead generation, implementation of marketing and outreach tools and materials, strategic growth goal setting, target account prospecting, and will serve as the key point of contact for agency RFPs and responses. You are the lynchpin for the growth of the agency.
Working on the front lines of the business, it’s your job to garner confidence with our future clients and make them love working with Manifesto.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Self starter who can readily identify opportunities within target accounts
- Identification of key decision makers within an organization and ability for long term relationship building
- Intimate understanding of design process and creative disciplines (strategy, branding, design, digital/experiential & integrated campaign development)
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple initiatives and projects
- Ability to work across time zones with teams and partners
- Work well in a team environment focused on organizational and personal growth
- Self motivated for success & adept at learning quickly
- Manage time effectively to efficiently meet client timelines
- Anticipate client needs and proactively communicate with key stakeholders including clients, team members, project management, or agency partners
- Act as the primary liaison and point of contact between agency and new clients
- Weekly/Monthly reporting on new business activity and revenue goal tracking
- Work with team to manage/oversee project details including project briefing, scope creation, proposals, timelines, budgets and creative deliverables
- Provide daily/weekly updates to team and client on key deliverables
- Identify and lead agency RFP responses
- Qualify new project opportunities within assigned clients
- Manage external client and internal team expectations on initial creation of timeline, budget, and scope
- Deliver outstanding client service that forges open, honest and long term client relationships
- Attend relevant client events and trade shows and participate in industry trade organizations
- Strategic writing (for pitch decks, proposals, and RFP responses)
- CRM system and forecast management and reporting
- Marketing Strategy and content writing for social posts (external client facing events, etc.)
- Assistance with agency new business events and experiences
- Travel up to 40%
STRENGTHS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management and prioritization
- Excellent organizational skills (managing timelines, schedules, deliverables)
- Proven ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Humble and hungry
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience with national or enterprise level brands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or similar field
- *Masters Degree a plus
- Proven track record of business development growth
- 401K program that includes company matching program
- Health Insurance
- Summer Hours - 1/2 day Fridays off June - August, Holiday Time - week off between Christmas and New Years
- Compensation to include base salary and commission package
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.